info-lilypond

LilyPond 2.3.10 released

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: LilyPond 2.3.10 released
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 16:46:12 +0200

LilyPond 2.3.10 is out. This release has a major clean-up of the
input/test/ directory. Many examples have been moved to the regression
test or manual, and the superfluous or outdated ones have been
removed. The directory has gone from 146 examples to 72 examples. That
means that we're halfway cleaning it out.  Incidentally, the manual
has gone from 200 to 220 pages.

As a corollorary, we have a few new features;

   * Running trills now have their own spanner and event. They are
     started and stopped with

            NOTE\startTrillSpan
            NOTE\stopTrillSpan

   * There is a new markup command `\postscript' that takes a string
     that is dumped as verbatim PostScript.