ipchat-devel

Re: [ipchat-devel] ipchat encryption

From: Maximiliano Pin
Subject: Re: [ipchat-devel] ipchat encryption
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:51:09 +0200

El jueves 20 de octubre, Philippe Landau dijo:

> hello, thank you for ipchat.

thank you for your feedback :-)

> it is a nice little app, and i use it for chatting with
> buddies on my machine via ssh.
> if encryption could be added, this would help where
> connections suffer from lag and the typing becomes difficult.

that's the next feature I want to implement, but unfortunately I have
no time now... maybe in the next few months, or maybe some of our
collaborators could work on this; any voluntary??

> is there a way to copy the whole content of a current discussion,
> when logging is not enabled (default value) ?

this is in the "to do" list :-) if you know some C programming you could
try to implement it and send me a patch

> and is what i type stored somewhere ?

When logging is enabled, what you and your friends say go to ~/.ipchat/log/*
Is this what you ask for?

> kind regards     philippe

See you soon, and welcome to this list :-)

--
Maximiliano Pin