jami

Re: jami client

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: jami client
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 11:05:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Johnny,

----- Original Message -----

Most Jami clients nowadays are built with the -DENABLE_LIBWRAP=ON build option
which causes it to link to libjami directly (which is the core/daemon code), so
a separate daemon (jamid) process is not needed.

But if you built it yourself it may be built to use a daemon, in which case the
daemon needs to run first yes.  The binary is called 'jamid'.

There's a Python script to easily build jami from source, you can e.g.

./build.py --install

to build, then

./build.py --run

to run it.  The script builds jami with the -DENABLE_LIBWRAP=ON option by
default.

I hope that helps!

Maxim