[Libtool] Re: Support pw32 as gnu-win32 target

From: DJ Delorie
Subject: [Libtool] Re: Support pw32 as gnu-win32 target
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:09:04 -0400

> Also, I believe that the FSF actually asked us to call it something
> besides gnu-win32 specifically because RMS didn't like the name
> 'win32' (which is another separate problem).

The FSF doesn't like using "win" when referring to Windows (wrt GNU
software at least), because it implies that using windows is a good
idea wrt free software.  They prefer you spell out the word "windows"
instead.

Microsoft has a trademark on the term "Win32" so you can't use it
without their permission.