AIX details

From: Howard Chu
Subject: AIX details
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:07:00 -0700

I've made some patches to libtool 1.3.3 (and now 1.3.5) for AIX that I'd
like to
contribute back. In brief:
   AIX doesn't need the "lib" prefix
   The -bexpall flag is not really usable for shared libraries; they will
tend to
      export some private C runtime symbols as well, and then runtime
linking will
      fail because these symbols are multiply defined. Fix to always
generate and use
      an explicit export file for shared libraries.
   Set dlopen_self to true; the test program can't determine this without an
export
      file so just bypass the test.
   Use the -bexpall flag when linking programs, to support self dlopen.
   The hardcoded libpath support is messy, I've cleaned it up a little.

  -- Howard Chu