Re: mail archives are hosed

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: mail archives are hosed
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 12:56:45 -0700

"Gary V. Vaughan" wrote:

> Hi Bruce!

Hi Gary,

> > Also, the archive reference on the libtool homepage ...
> > is invalid.
>
> Okay, thanks I'll update the address...

Thank you.

>             ^^^^^^^^^^
>   If you go to this page, there is a link to the new archives.

Useless for finding discussions from nine months ago, however.
Thank you, though, but never mind now.  I've written my crude
prototype ltmain.c.  I propose its adoption since:

1.  The libtool distribution does not change
2.  It enables C hacking on a potential replacement
3.  If the C effort were to be abandoned, there is
    no loss since the original ltmain.in file will
    be kept up to date.

In other words, it cannot hurt and has a reasonable
prospect for success.

Thanks again
        Bruce