Re: KCC and cxx archiver

From: Ossama Othman
Subject: Re: KCC and cxx archiver
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:43:33 -0700

Hi Patrick,

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 05:58:33PM +0200, Patrick Guio wrote:
> For the KCC compiler I had to include in the configure.in
>
>   CXX="KCC"
>   CXX_OPTIMIZE_FLAGS="+K3 -O3"
>   CXX_DEBUG_FLAGS="-g +K0 -DBZ_DEBUG"
>   CXXFLAGS="--restrict --strict_warnings --one_instantiation_per_object"
>   AR="KCC"
>   AR_FLAGS="-o"
>
> and of cours declare properly the AC_SUBST
> Note that the --one_instantiation_per_object is very important otherwise
> you get error message when linking about multi-definitions of
> instantiations...

Would you happen to know why "--one_instantiation_per_object" is not
the KCC default?  I'm not sure that it is a good idea to make libtool
change the default behavior of the compiler.  IMHO, it should be up to
the user to add "--one_instantiation_per_object" to CXXFLAGS if they
need it, not libtool.

> For the cxx compiler (for DEC alpha, maybe Compaq now?) I had to do

The Compaq C++ compiler is also already supported in the
multi-language branch libtool.

I'd be interested in any feedback you might have regarding that
support.

-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <address@hidden>
Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Univ. of California at Irvine