RE: Forbidden strings

From: Bernard Dautrevaux
Subject: RE: Forbidden strings
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:57:26 +0100

Just one thing: I can pretty simply chaneg to ASFLAGS... after convincing
all my users/customers they also have to change their (potentially hundred)
makefiles to adapt to my use of autoconf for some packages ?-(

As for C_FLAGS, CPP_FLAGS, CXX_FLAGS, etc... I don't complain as these (that
I use) are not rejected by autoconf :-)

These names were chosen several years ago as they are simpler to see and
check in makefiles, but now we are to live with them.

> Making libtool use ARFLAGS might be pushing it, though...?

sure :-)

Regards,

        Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux