More on gcc/Solaris libtool problem

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: More on gcc/Solaris libtool problem
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 14:20:48 -0600 (CST)

After some spelunking, I find that the reason libtool is not
determining the correct PIC flags under Solaris is that even though
configure determines that the the compiler is the GNU C compiler, this
is not properly picked up by libtool.  I see this in the generated
libtool script:

# Is the compiler the GNU C compiler?
with_gcc=no

even though configure reports the following while it is running:

It seems that whatever interface is used to pass this info from
Autoconf to libtool (presumably with_gcc environment variable) is not
working any more.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden