Re: Problem with ltdl.h

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Problem with ltdl.h
Date: 28 Nov 2000 21:27:38 -0200

On Nov 28, 2000, Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 28 Nov 2000, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> On Nov 28, 2000, Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > It does NOT appear
>> > to be valid C++ code
>>
>> I've just managed to compile:
>>
>> typedef struct foo foo;

> Yes that will compile but

>   typedef struct foo * foo

> Won't, which is what the line in question looks like.

Oops.  I stand corrected.  We do indeed have a problem.

And now that you've pointed out the difference, I went back to read
the C++ Standard and was reminded that the name of a class (or struct)
cannot be `typedef'ed to a type other than the class (or struct) it
names.  So `typedef struct foo foo' is valid, but `typedef bar foo' is
invalid unless bar is a synonym with `struct foo'.

So, we indeed have to go fix ltdl.h.

Thanks for your persistence :-)

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}