Re: Using -Bsymbolic with libtool

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Using -Bsymbolic with libtool
Date: 11 May 2001 23:53:54 -0300

On May 10, 2001, Ganesan Rajagopal <address@hidden> wrote:

> I know about the -Wl flag. I some how got the idea that -Xlinker is a
> libtool flag which will use the appropriate option to pass it to the linker,

I believe libtool supports both -Wl, and -Xlinker, and translates it
to -Wl, if it runs the compiler driver.

>> As for $ORIGIN, I think the same applies, just add
>> -R $ORIGIN to your links.

IIRC, libtool requires -R arguments to be a full pathname.

Now, what would be really great would be to have $ORIGIN supported
even on OSs that don't support it directly: in this case, libtool
would replace $ORIGIN with the installation -rpath of the library.
But it has to be taught about which OSs support $ORIGIN.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}