Re: I think binary-branch is almost ready for play time

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: I think binary-branch is almost ready for play time
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:00:15 +0100

Hi Bruce,

On Monday 14 May 2001  1:31 am, Bruce Korb wrote:
> When this invocation fires,
> an "anonymous template" is created with that text and then processed.
> The output is redirected to an unlinked file (no Windows here),
> and read back in.

Eeek!  I was already worried about getting guile to compile on Windows to
support AutoGen-5.x -- which could be worse, but at lease as the resulting
scripts are okay on Windows.  Unfortunately it makes Cygwin users second
class citizens, since we won't be able to develop with libtool any more.

I would be dead against anything in the generated ltmain.c (or ltmain.sh for
that matter) that removes compatibility with our existing libtool ports.  On
the other hand, I have been meaning to look into getting AutoGen-5.x
bootstrapped on Windows for several months now...  sorry for being a luddite
and living in AutoGen's 4.x past ;-)

Cheers,
        Gary.
--