Re: I think binary-branch is almost ready for play time

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: I think binary-branch is almost ready for play time
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:04:41 +0100

On Tuesday 15 May 2001  4:01 am, Bruce Korb wrote:
> "Gary V. Vaughan" wrote:
> > Hi Bruce,
> >
> > On Monday 14 May 2001  1:31 am, Bruce Korb wrote:
> > > When this invocation fires,
> > > an "anonymous template" is created with that text and then processed.
> > > The output is redirected to an unlinked file (no Windows here),
> > > and read back in.
> >
> > Eeek!  I was already worried about getting guile to compile on Windows to
> > support AutoGen-5.x -- which could be worse, but at lease as the
> > resulting scripts are okay on Windows.  Unfortunately it makes Cygwin
> > users second class citizens, since we won't be able to develop with
> > libtool any more.
>
> "Wont be able to develop ... libtool *ON WINDOWS* any more."

So you're agreeing that the generated ltmain.in must support Cygwin at least
as well as the current release? (wait a minute, thats not exactly what I
meant, since the Cygwin port is broken at the moment :-/)

I don't mean to be a pain, and I'll say no  more until I have at least tried
to bootstrap AutoGen 5.x on Cygwin, but I am not keen to be in a position
where fixing a bug in the Cygwin port requires that I am booted into Linux.
Maybe it's time I finally get myself a VMWare license ;-)

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(oranda.demon.co.uk|gnu.org)