DLLs with mingw or cygwin

From: Sebastien Sable
Subject: DLLs with mingw or cygwin
Date: 17 May 2001 18:57:16 +0200

Hi,

I though that now that libtool-1.4 was released, I could finally have
my project to directly release a dll. Unfortunately, that is not the
case.

So I made a fake very simple library using autoconf, automake,
libltdl, libtool-1.4. Making it as clean as I could, reading the
autobook and libtool info pages. It works perfectly well under
linux. It compiles without any error under both cygwin and
mingw... _but_ it does not create any dll under both of them.

So is this possible to get dlls that way without any post compilation
magical command lines?
If so, would someone be as helpfull as taking a look at this:
http://inova.snv.jussieu.fr/~sable/libfake.tar.gz
and explaining me what I am doing wrong.
If not, any trick that could generate a dll from this package would be
welcomed.

thanks in advance

--
Sébastien Sablé <address@hidden>