Re: DLLs with mingw or cygwin

From: Sebastien Sable
Subject: Re: DLLs with mingw or cygwin
Date: 18 May 2001 20:10:30 +0200

Sebastien Sable <address@hidden> writes:

> So I made a fake very simple library using autoconf, automake,
> libltdl, libtool-1.4. Making it as clean as I could, reading the
> autobook and libtool info pages. It works perfectly well under
> linux. It compiles without any error under both cygwin and
> mingw... _but_ it does not create any dll under both of them.

Sorry, I answer to myself now that I have a solution, in case someone
else look for that someday in the ml archive:

I couldn't get Libtool to directly build a dll under mingw, however
there is a nice HOWTO by Paul Sokolovsky explaining how to build it
using the static library, there :

http://infoservice.lg.ua/~paul/devel/static2dll_howto.txt

And it works great.

--