Re: DLLs with mingw or cygwin

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: DLLs with mingw or cygwin
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 21:11:44 +0200

Sebastien Sable wrote:

> Sebastien Sable <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > So I made a fake very simple library using autoconf, automake,
> > libltdl, libtool-1.4. Making it as clean as I could, reading the
> > autobook and libtool info pages. It works perfectly well under
> > linux. It compiles without any error under both cygwin and
> > mingw... _but_ it does not create any dll under both of them.
>
> Sorry, I answer to myself now that I have a solution, in case someone
> else look for that someday in the ml archive:
>
> I couldn't get Libtool to directly build a dll under mingw, however
 why?  using the latest in autotools does build a mingw-dll for me
 every week! Sure there are some problems but it works, just some
 extra arguments for libtool and extra lib references, that's it.

have fun,
-- guido                    http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/ac-archive
31:GCS/E/S/P C++$++++ ULHS L++w- N++@  d(+-) s+a- h.r(*@)>+++ y++ 5++X-