Re: Removing duplicate occurences from dependency_libs

From: Sander Vesik
Subject: Re: Removing duplicate occurences from dependency_libs
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 19:12:03 +0100 (BST)

On 20 May 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On May 20, 2001, Sander Vesik <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > you don't then even need to care about indirect depenencies.
>
> I wish...
>
> > Or are there broken ld.so-s that wouldn't support this?
>
> Think static libraries, for one.

ld.so never sees static libraries. You also cannot link static library
code into shared libraries. Static libraries, just like .zip, .jar
and .mpeg files are not things that come up in shlib construction or
linking in any sane environment.

As a matter of fact, as far as I am concerned, you can do pretty much
anything you want with static libraries. Just please keep the shlib
situation nice, sane and working 8-)