HOWTO Build one library from source in multiple subdirs?

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: HOWTO Build one library from source in multiple subdirs?
Date: 28 May 2001 10:56:04 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to build one library from sourcode in multiple sub
directories. (You could see it as getting one single library from a
package big enough to be split in many directories.) Somehow I got the
impression that I could get support from libtool and build one library
in each subdir and then get libtool to merge them into on
library. Perhaps during install.

I have tried it but so far I have only come up with the idea of using
a convenience library that explicitly states each subdir library. This
means I have to export, eg install, each subdir library as well as the
convenience library.

Does libtool support what I outline above? If not what approach do you
suggest?

Yours
--
%% Mats