Re: libjava testsuite problem under i686-pc-linux-gnu

From: John David Anglin
Subject: Re: libjava testsuite problem under i686-pc-linux-gnu
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 18:46:19 -0400 (EDT)

> As posted in the libgcj mailing list, the problem is that libgcc_s is
> not a libtool library, so libtool can't do its magic of handling
> to-be-installed libraries.  Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that libgcc_s

I tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then running libtool to build
the Array_1 testsuite program.  Libtool processes this and puts it
into relink_command.  However, apparently as you suggested,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is ignored for dependencies of shared libraries.
What does work for me, is adding `rpath' options for the relink
based on the path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Here a comment from the ld
manpage:
                                                              The
              -rpath option is also used when locating shared ob-
              jects which are needed by shared objects explicitly
              included in the link; see the  description  of  the
              -rpath-link  option.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  address@hidden