address@hidden: Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Re: libtool]

From: Sven M. Hallberg
Subject: address@hidden: Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Re: libtool]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:46:01 +0200

Hi,

I'm working on the Mesa project's build system using autoconf, automake, and
libtool. We're running into the following problem:

We use the formula
 version-info = Major+minor:Mesa_version:Minor
to compute proper libtool version-info from the OpenGL version number (1.2)
and our current Mesa release number (MM.Mm.Mt, e.g. 3.5.0). So, Mesa_version
is an integer derived from that release number. We'd like to use
 Mesa_version = MM * 10^4 + Mm * 10^2 + Mt
which would yield something like 30500. However libtool only accepts three
digits for the REVISION part of the version-info (as Marcelo mentions below).
Is it possible to extend that limitation to five or six digits?

That would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Sven

PS: Libtool rocks!