Re: mdemo question

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: mdemo question
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:35:05 +0100

On Monday 11 June 2001 10:16 am, Robert Collins wrote:
> Why doesn't foo1 link to libsub.la?
>
> -- how is it expected to resolve sub().

It is an oversight.  You are correct that it cannot link properly on Windows.

On an ELF based system, foo1 will resolve the symbols by backlinking into the
we shouldn't be relying on that, since backlinking is (albeit a common)
luxury.

I have added this to my patch queue for when the merge is complete -- i.e.
after next weekend at the earliest =(o|

Cheers,
        Gary.
--