Re: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:37:53 +0200

"Gary V. Vaughan" wrote:

> On Friday 22 June 2001 11:20 am, Tilo Riemer wrote:
> > what is wrong if I get the following error:
> >
> > libtool: ltconfig version ' does not match ltmain.sh version 4a'
>
> You are using a mismatched ltmain.sh and ltconfig from different versions of
> libtool.
IIRC, I have seen this happening when running make after having run
libtool-1.4's "libtoolize -f" on directories which have previously
been libtoolized with older libtools. The cause seems to be ltconfig
not being removed by libtoolize.

As some rpm.specs use %configure, which implies running libtoolize
-f in some versions of rpm, this has fairly severe consequences on
building rpms from src.rpms which have been libtoolized with pre-1.4
versions.

Therefore I'd propose to let libtoolize -f remove ltconfig in
future.