Re: libwww make fails: libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmai

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: libwww make fails: libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.4'
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 14:04:09 +0100

On Saturday 23 June 2001  2:57 am, address@hidden wrote:
> Attempting to build libwww (current CVS) on cygwin, using instructions from
> http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html
>
> Nothing fancy:
>
> $ cd libwww
> $ perl config/winConfigure.pl
> $ aclocal

$ libtoolize -f

> $ autoheader
> $ automake
> $ autoconf
> $ ./configure --with-ssl --with-gzip
>
> [[snip]]
>
> Am I overlooking something obvious here?

Yup! ;-)

Also aclocal will remake aclocal.m4 from your installed libtool.m4, but you
still have ltmain.sh (and ltconfig) from the distributers version.  We have
recommended that packagers should `cat /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 >>
acinclude' to make sure that the packaged ltmain.sh matches the macros.  If
the package has done this you will also need to remove acinclude.m4 and
rebuild it from libtool.m4 (and perhaps other files) to match the new
ltmain.sh pulled in by libtoolize.  Oh, and don't forget to rerun aclocal to
remake aclocal.m4.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--