Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:21:48 -0500 (CDT)

In regard to: Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS,...:

>And if libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=yes is true for a platform but
>the platform loader does not honor RPATH in shared libraries and a
>shared library being dlopen'ed has a dependency on another library
>whose path is not in the application RPATH, should
>libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs still be "yes" for this platform?

I actually followed that.  :-)

My vote would be "yes", but there should probably be a separate

        libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_honors_rpath

or maybe

        libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_honours_rpath

for Gary et. al.  ;-)  Maybe `respects' or `obeys' or `uses' would be better
than honors/honours.

Both of these things could be tested using variants of Robert's test code,
updated a little for use with ltdl.

An earlier question I asked still remains, though:  what about platforms
that have a different API for dynamic loading, e.g. HP-UX < 11.x?  Does
this cache value (or these cache values) apply there as well, even though
the system uses shl_load instead of dlopen()?

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden