Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS

From: libtool
Subject: Re: question about AC_LTDL_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:49:28 -0500

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 12:33:28PM -0500, Robert Boehne wrote:
> From earlier discussions, it was noted that
> libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=yes
> actually not only referrs to dlopen() calls, but their equivalents
> on other OS's like HPUX.  Why don't we do this: set
> ibltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs
> based on host in configury, then add a test case that uses libltdl to
> check if libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs is set properly?
> That way those platforms that aren't set properly will fail the test
> case, and we will be notified we need to change ltdl.m4 to fix it.
>   This doesn't handle the cases such as Tru64 5.1 patched vs not patched
> but it gets us most of the way there.  N'cest pas?

Actually, why not set libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=yes regardless of
host configury and then if ltdl cannot load the library, set
libltdl_cv_sys_dlopen_deplibs=unknown? I thought about this but,
having not looked too much into ltdl, don't know how difficult it
would be.

--
albert chin (address@hidden)