SCO OS's (OpenServer, UnixWare) Worked well with $CC

From: Boyd Lynn Gerber
Subject: SCO OS's (OpenServer, UnixWare) Worked well with $CC
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:27:10 -0600 (MDT)

To whom it may concern:

We (myself and others from SCO) made changes to my systems so all programs
using libtool on my system used $CC last July-October and everything was
great.  I had even forgot we had done the changes.  Downloaded the latest
version also the latest CVS and lost my $CC changes suddenly everything
started crashing, core dumping...  I went from passing all test to failing
a lot.  I have found that my major problem is linking with ld instead of
$CC and the second most problem is the -lc.  Removing it and linking with
$CC is the best fix.  SCO Development tools and GCC Development tools
know which linker and the right order to put things in to create the
executable program.  Is there a way to have this be the default
behavoir on these platforms.  I do not want to break other platforms.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <address@hidden>
ZENEZ   3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044