Re: Problems with AIX4 Compiler

From: Erik Lindahl
Subject: Re: Problems with AIX4 Compiler
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:29:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 address@hidden wrote:

> > So, I have a patch for this, but it would mean removing the -blibpath
> > option and relying on hardcoding of the -L flags instead, like on aix
> > version 3.
>
> I'm not quite sure why, but this doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

No, you're right - that would have been a dirty workaround :-)

But, thanks to Tim M., I've submitted a much smarter patch to
libtool-patches; It links a minimal program and uses dump -H to
extract the default aix libpath from the executable and uses this
for the -blibpath option instead!

Regards,

Erik

Erik Lindahl, PhD                                address@hidden
Dept. Biophysical Chemistry, Groningen University, THE NETHERLANDS
Phone: +31 50 3634335    Fax: +31 50 3634800
(You can also reach me as address@hidden and address@hidden)
Hi! I'm a mutated .sig virus! Put me in ~/.signature to multiply me!