Re: libtool HEAD and autoconf 2.13?

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: libtool HEAD and autoconf 2.13?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 02:50:17 +0100

On Monday 30 July 2001 8:19 pm, Ossama Othman wrote:
> Hi guys,

Howdy!

> I forget what the decision was about libtool HEAD and autoconf 2.13.
> Did we decide not to support autoconf 2.13?

Yup.  I'm betting that of the people who track autotools releases, pretty
much no-one will still be using autoconf-2.13 by the time libtool-1.5 hits
the streets.

> I've received some e-mails from users complaining about the fact using
> libtool 1.4b or HEAD forces them to use Autoconf 2.5x, which in turn
> breaks their configure scripts.

Hmmm... so they want to be only _half_ on the bleeding edge?  :-) I'm afraid
that the congealing edge is not supported :-D

>From the libtool homepage:

  The CVS version of GNU libtool often depends on some yet to be released
  versions of GNU Autoconf and GNU Automake.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_. Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(oranda.demon.co.uk|gnu.org)