Re: paths on mingw

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: paths on mingw
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 18:26:47 +0200

> Hello list !
>
> Using libtool-1.4 is able to produce DLLs with a slightly modified MinGW
> environment. I am using cygwin's sh to invoke libtool, but everything else
> is done by native mingw tools.
> The problem about that are path specifications. The MinGW tool (objdump,
> grep, sed, etc) want something like "c:/usr/lib/libiberty.a" (to have an
> example) instead of "/cygdrive/c/usr/lib/libiberty.a".
> It would be really nice to tell libtool converting these kind of paths
> into the correct one. Is this possible ?

Perhaps, but this is really a sh issue; on cygwin, those special paths are
used, but the shell should really be taking care to only pass that form
to cygwin apps (similarly, DJGPP has /dev/c/usr/blah type paths, but it
takes care to convert them to 'regular' DOS paths when passing them to
non-DJGPP programs).  Besides, what's stopping you from using a
mingw-compiled bash?