Re: libtool and IRIX 6.5 and C++

From: Steve M. Robbins
Subject: Re: libtool and IRIX 6.5 and C++
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:26:48 -0400

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:15:52AM +0100, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> Does the attached patch work for you?

Sadly, no.

For completeness, here is the configure.ac input:

        AC_INIT(foo.cc)
        AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(test,1.1)

        AC_PROG_CXX
        AC_PROG_MAKE_SET

        AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

        AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile])
        AC_OUTPUT

After all the auto-* magic, I end up with a libtool script that
does not work.  As I said, the variable with_gcc is not being
set correctly (it should be "no").

        address@hidden with_gcc libtool
        with_gcc=
                case $with_gcc/$host in
        with_gcc=no
        with_gcc=

Note that it is the first assignment to with_gcc that is used in the
actual script.  I'm not sure what the other two are used for.  After
applying the patch you sent, rebuilding libtool, and re-running
aclocal && autoconf && ./configure, I get

        address@hidden with_gcc libtool
        with_gcc=
                case $with_gcc/$host in
        with_gcc=no
        with_gcc=no

So it changed the final setting of with_gcc, but not the one
that counts :-(

Cheers,
-Steve

--