Memory leak detection...

From: Jamshed Kakar
Subject: Memory leak detection...
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:22:19 -0700

Hi,

I'm using Libtool (w/Automake, Autoconf) to manage a C++ library.  I'm
trying to use ccmalloc (I've tried debauch and LeakTracer too) to
detect memory leaks but am getting very strange behaviour.  I'm
running Debian GNU/Linux (unstable) with GCC 2.95.4, Automake 1.4-p4,
Autoconf 2.13, Libtool 1.4 and GDB 5.0.90-cvs.

All of the memory leak detector's I've tried are unable to find the
executable.  ccmalloc allows the user to specify the file to check-
I've tried ".libs/lt-MyFile" and that hasn't done anything.  Also,
each of the leak detectors segfaults when it tried to read file info
from GDB.

I've been able to use the leak detector tools withou Libtool on the
same program.  If anyone has any tips/tricks to using a leak detector
with Libtool I'd love to know.

Thanks,
Jamu.

--
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as
 easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no