Re: libtool ported to mips-compaq-nonstopux

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: libtool ported to mips-compaq-nonstopux
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 21:41:01 +0100

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 12:36:22PM -0500, Bates, Tom wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Tom!

> I've ported shared library support for mips-compaq-nonstopux into
> libtool.

Excellent.  Thankyou for your efforts.

> I modified the following files:
>
> libtool-1.3.5/ltconfig.in
> libtool-1.3.5/ltmain.in
> libtool-1.3.5/libltdl/configure.in
>
> How can I get these changes into the source base?

Unfortunately libtool-1.3.5 is extremely out of date, though if your
changes are not large, porting them forward to a current release
should not be too difficult.  I wrote a web page that should give you
all the information you need about the process of contributing patches
to libtool:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/contribute.html

There are two active branches that you should be looking at, the
maintenance branch of the current stable 1.4.x releases, and the
development branch for 1.5.  If you cannot access CVS, the latest
releases from each are libtool-1.4.1 and libtool-1.4b respectively.
There is more information available on our website:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool

> Thanks,
> Tom

HTH,