Re: address@hidden: __eprintf undefined

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: address@hidden: __eprintf undefined
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:32:50 +0100

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 05:55:57PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Andreas Wendt wrote:
> > libtool seems not to link in libgcc.a when using gcc (where this symbol is
> > defined).
> > You may use Sun's native compiler cc to get it working.
>
> That's not an option, as the Sun 'cc' costs $$$$$.

It is a long standing bug with gcc using native ld on solaris,
revealed in this release because I have started using assert() in
ltdl.c (which requires __eprintf from libgcc.a).

Here are a couple of options:

  * upgrade to gcc 3.0.1 from sunfreeware.com which doesn't have the bug
  * recompile gcc-2.95.x to use binutils rather than native ld

I'm about to release 1.4.2, which will diagnose the bug if you have a
setup that is susceptible, but will still link for you (with a
warning) until you have time to upgrade...

> I'll play with -lgcc and see what happens, but it would be really nice if
> a platform like Solaris would work out of the box.

I know.  :-(  Sorry about that.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--