Re: lib installation

From: Fausto Sanchez
Subject: Re: lib installation
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:31:58 -0700

First of all, thank for the quick response and suggestion. But, what if I have
several projects binaries and libraries and I only want to install the libraries. I
was looking for something where in when referencing a libtool library, we
would say something like this:

lib_LTLIBRARIES = ${LIBDIR}/lib

or have an additional target that would copy the library( when done ) to the
${LIBDIR}/lib directory without doing a make install.

I think you are right this may not be a libool issue. I guess it is more like a
make issue. I'll try to attack it from the automake side.

Thanks again,
fausto..

At 02:27 AM 9/11/2001 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Fausto Sanchez writes:

> I'm trying to setup a process where when I run a make for any given library, it
> should build the .a or .so and install it. Instead of doing a make install
> after the
> build has taken place. Is there a way to do this?

alias make='make install'

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with libtool, because libtool doesn't
have anything to do with makefiles.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter