Re: Darwin patches?

From: Max Horn
Subject: Re: Darwin patches?
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 00:24:21 +0200

Ok, cdemo tests fail.  What are the requirements from admin for
modification to cdemo if needed?  Sorry I have to ask, sometimes people
have various reasons for not allowing specific modifications.

The problem is not in cdemo, this is a test, and it fails for valid reasons on Darwin - namely, it is the zsh quoting issue strikin once more. I reported this before, but I am not the one to fix this in libtool's source - libtool's source ain't easy to understand, yet to modify in a manner that doesn't break many other systems.

Note that it is *not* sufficient to fix the files like ltmain.sh, libtool, ltconfig etc. - these files are generated from other meta-source files.

You should also look at the mailing list archives for some recent posts by me on this and other issues.

Max
Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:address@hidden>