More on C++ exception failure with gcc 3.0.1

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: More on C++ exception failure with gcc 3.0.1
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:27:23 -0500 (CDT)

This is a followup to my previous complaint that exceptions were not
working with CVS libtool, SPARC Solaris 2.6, and gcc 3.0.1.  I suspect
that this may be due to a compiler bug.

I performed a trivial C++ exception test to see if exceptions were
working.  I compiled the test by handl. The test worked.  I then
included the library headers from my package, and the test still
worked.  A more sophisticated test in which I threw an exception from
a function failed to work.

Reports this:
0xeed6e274 in ?? () at
/home/bfriesen/src/gnu/gcc-3.0.1/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/vec.cc:52
   from /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.3
52          uncatch_exception::uncatch_exception ()

It doesn't seem that any code in the method was executed.  The title
on the top of this source module is "New abi Support".

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden