Re: libtool 1.4 not passing linker directives

From: Ian Peters
Subject: Re: libtool 1.4 not passing linker directives
Date: 05 Oct 2001 02:35:41 -0400

On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 02:19, address@hidden wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:14:52AM -0400, Ian Peters wrote:
> > Conspicuously missing are the linker directives to be passed to gcc,
> > namely -Wl,-Bstatic and -Wl,-Bdynamic.  I do this to produce a binary
> > that is linked statically except for libc and the dynamic linker.
>
> Did you send the write output? I see -Wl,-Bstatic and -Wl,-Bdynamic in
> the output above.
>
> What's bad is their position has been reordered. What version of
> libtool are you using? I take it you want all libraries between
> -Bstatic and -Bdynamic statically linked?

Whoops, you're right -- I only looked at the end of the output, I didn't
look closely enough to notice they'd just been reordered, not stripped.

Yes, the end goal is to have all of the libraries between the -Bstatic
and -Bdynamic linked statically, while keeping a dynamic binary against
libc and ld-linux.

--
Ian Peters
address@hidden