Re: [Fwd: AC_PATH_X]

From: Ted Irons
Subject: Re: [Fwd: AC_PATH_X]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:58:33 -0700

Robert -

I appreciate your reply.     As a newbie,  it is not always clear to me if
I am dealing with a bug or with  some sort of misunderstanding
of the documentation.

Here is what I am using  now:

dnl ACX_PKG_X11
dnl
dnl Sets X11_CFLAGS and X11_LIBS.
dnl Looks for libX11 and libXmu;
dnl if they are found add them to LIBS.
dnl
AC_DEFUN(ACX_PKG_X11,
[
  AC_PATH_X
  X11_CFLAGS=$x_includes
  if test x$no_x = x ; then
    if test x$x_libraries = x ; then
      X11_LIBS=
      AC_CHECK_LIB(X11, XCreateWindow)
      AC_CHECK_LIB(Xmu, XmuLookupStandardColormap,,, -lX11)
    else
      X11_LIBS=-L$x_libraries
      AC_CHECK_LIB(X11, XCreateWindow,,, -L$x_libraries)
      AC_CHECK_LIB(Xmu, XmuLookupStandardColormap,,, -L$x_libraries -lX11)
    fi
  else
    AC_MSG_ERROR([no X Window System found])
  fi
  AC_SUBST(X11_CFLAGS)
  AC_SUBST(X11_LIBS)
])