Re: libtool on Mac OS X 10.1

From: Max Horn
Subject: Re: libtool on Mac OS X 10.1
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:39:47 +0100

At 2:36 Uhr -0800 08.11.2001, Crunky wrote:
What is the status of libtool on Mac OS X?  The NEWS
and changelog reports some level of support.  But
After compiling and installing a large package (stable
versions of gimp, and gtk, and all supporting
packages) I noticed that everything is compared as a
static library.

libtool 1.4.2 and libtool CVS are broken on OS X/Darwin.

For one there are still quoting issues with zsh; and for the other there is some completly bogus stuff which will cause duplicate symbold errors under certain circumstances.

If nobody is working on it, I would like to volunteer
to fix libtool on mac os x (darwin).

Be warned, it is quite hard & complicated.

Max
Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:address@hidden>