Re: libtool doesn't allow "make DESTDIR=`pwd`/foo install" anymore.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: libtool doesn't allow "make DESTDIR=`pwd`/foo install" anymore.
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:07:49 -0600

Paul E Johnson <address@hidden> writes:

> I do now know what patch is required to make libtool-1.4.2 work as
> it is currently released, I've been asking about. My understanding
> is that the Debian packager of libtool has a patch which fixes the
> problem.

Hmm, well the latest Debian libtool claimed to have such a patch, but
at least for guile and heimdal, it didn't fix the problem, though
perhaps these packages aren't using the automake variables the way
that libtool would prefer.

For libguile, we have:

  libguile_la_DEPENDENCIES = @LIBLOBJS@
  libguile_la_LIBADD = @LIBLOBJS@ $(LIBLTDL) $(THREAD_LIBS_LOCAL)
  libguile_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info
@LIBGUILE_INTERFACE_CURRENT@:@LIBGUILE_INTERFACE_REVISION@:@LIBGUILE_INTERFACE_AGE@
 -export-dynamic -no-undefined

where $(THREAD_LIBS_LOCAL) := ../qt/libqthreads.la

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu