Re: libtool doesn't allow "make DESTDIR=`pwd`/foo install" anymore.

From: Martin Norbäck
Subject: Re: libtool doesn't allow "make DESTDIR=`pwd`/foo install" anymore.
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:50:52 +0100

2001-11-27 13:11:09-0600, Paul E Johnson <address@hidden> ->
> Obviously, I can't invest the time to bugshoot all these applications
> that won't compile, about which I have been emailed by many people in
> this list during the past 2 hours.

Well I don't expect you too do that, I just wanted to inform that just
upgrading to the latest libtool didn't solve my problem.

> I can add this information, however.
>
> I achieved this success with the newer automake and autoconf,
> $ rpm -q automake
> automake-1.5-1pj
> address@hidden fs]$ rpm -q autoconf
> autoconf-2.52-1pj

Ok. Now I have:

automake-1.5-1
autoconf-2.52-4
(both from redhat rawhide).

After changing my configure.in to conform with the new autoconf, I tried
to rebuild the source, package it and build the RPM. Still the same error.

I really hope some libtool person can shed a light on this.

Regards,

        Martin

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.