libtool path search

From: Fausto Sanchez
Subject: libtool path search
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:40:36 -0800

Hi,

I'm getting a warning when I try to use the glib library with libtool. The glib library is not installed in the normal place /usr/lib. However, I do add the -L to the place where the library resides. The compile and like take place, but the warning is still there. How do I specify not to look in the
default area /usr/lib, for example?

libtool: link: warning: library `/auto/isan-sw/linux/cdk2.0/mv/Linux/hardhat/devkit/x86/pentium3/target/usr/lib/libglib.la' was moved. libtool: link: warning: library `/auto/isan-sw/linux/cdk2.0/mv/Linux/hardhat/devkit/x86/pentium3/target/usr/lib/libglib.la' was moved.

It appears that libtool is looking in some default area, probably /usr/lib, and then checking the area where the library does exists. If it cannot find the library in /usr/lib but it finds it in
the area where it is installed it prints the warning.

Thanks in advance,
fausto..