RE: libltdl for MinGW32 and native compilers

From: stefan
Subject: RE: libltdl for MinGW32 and native compilers
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:41:09 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Jon Leichter wrote:

> Stefan. I have had the same concerns as you. I have brought up a similar
> topic in the past. Even with your patch, DLL_EXPORT is a flawed macro name.
> I'd suggest the following patch:
>
> #ifdef LIBLTDL_DLL_IMPORT
> # define LT_SCOPE __declspec(dllimport) extern
> #elif defined (LIBLTDL_DLL_EXPORT)
> # define LT_SCOPE __declspec(dllexport) extern
> #endif

I think using DLL_EXPORT in `ltdl.h' for building the shared library is
ok. It is the usual way for the `libtool' script to produce "PIC" code.
Personally I would not change it.

> Of course, IMHO, references to DLL_EXPORT in ltmain.sh should also be
> removed.

I do not see a `DLL_EXPORT' in ltmain.sh (of version 1.4.2).  What do you
mean?  I do not hope you mean the `-DDLL_EXPORT' which `libtool' uses to
indicate it builds a shared object.  This is in my eyes now a accepted way
to produce shared libraries under Windows and is approved to be working
even with bigger projects and complicated inter-dependencies.

Cheers,
        address@hidden