libtool and gcj

From: Anthony Green
Subject: libtool and gcj
Date: 23 Feb 2002 08:08:53 -0800

I've been using a hacked version of libtool to build shared libraries of
java code in with gcj.  The one problem I had to work around is that
libtool insists on adding "-DPIC" to the compilation line.  gcj's -D is
different from gcc and g++.  My hack is to simply strip out the "-D".
However - now my tree contains a mix of java and c code and I need to
use -DPIC with gcc.

How do we change libtool to only use -DPIC where appropriate?

Thanks,

AG