Re: lib*.so not generated. Search directory problem?

From: Richard Plana
Subject: Re: lib*.so not generated. Search directory problem?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:05:40 -0700

Robert Boehne wrote:

I didn't see any errors in the output you sent, did
you forget somthing?

Well, no error message came up, but the shared library file doesn't get installed in the proper directory. After compiling, I would find a lib<library>.la file in the .libs subdirectory, but when I execute 'make install', that warning appears, the .so file doesn't get installed in the destination subdirectory and the .libs/lib<library>.la file disappears.

I wasn't sure if it was a libtool issue.
--

*Richard Neal Plana, B.Sc., CCNA*
Software Developer