Re: [Fwd: ltmain.in]

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Fwd: ltmain.in]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:12:23 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> address@hidden wrote:
> >
> > I found that freebsd is hacking all the ltmain.sh-es to get
> > roughly the same behavior that netbsd is already getting.
> > Any objections to putting something along these lines into
> > ltmain.in?  (Obviously changing /usr/bin/false to something
> > conditional on not being freebsd.)
>
> Looks good to me.  Please apply the same change to all live branches though!

On a related note.  How long do we want to support that cruft at all?  I
mean the pre- and postdeps.   Objects and libraries.  I'm not aware of any
current g++ version (not to speak of proprietary compilers) which need
that explicit linking.  Instead a simple "g++ -shared -o libbla.so works".
Well, yes, those only having a static libstdc++ are screwed, but so what?

Ciao,
Michael.