Re: libtool, OpenBSD, plugins, large breakage

From: Marc Espie
Subject: Re: libtool, OpenBSD, plugins, large breakage
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:40:14 +0200

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 08:26:14PM +0200, Michael Matz wrote:
> > I really would like to know what the solution is.  Specifically, what's
> > the deal with -module -avoid-version ?  Either I need to have a way to
> > differentiate with stuff that will be used with dlopen, or linked in as
>
> Hmm, I really thought, that the various BSDs have patches for exactly this
> problem in their ports tree.  At least I got the patches from someone from
> NetBSD.

Where do you think the patches come from ? someone has to write them in
the first place. As far as OpenBSD is  concerned, that's me or
address@hidden, mainly.

Well, I have patches to handle this problem. But this is getting tedious,
because those patches are dirty. Because libtool support of OpenBSD is
not up-todate. Because there are always new versions, new snapshots of
libtool, which are incompatible with the previous one. And every time,
I get to reinvent the wheel, and dive into those dreadful autoconf macros
and huge shell-scripts.

And frankly, I'm a bit fed up of that.