Re: C++ exceptions don't work from Cygwin DLLs?

From: Charles Wilson
Subject: Re: C++ exceptions don't work from Cygwin DLLs?
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:48:57 -0400

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

I am attempting to get ImageMagick to work properly using Cygwin DLLs.
The C++ component is built as a DLL using the binutils auto-import
feature and CVS libtool.  The library works fine with the glaring
exception that any C++ exception thrown from the library causes an
immediate core dump.  I have verified that C++ exceptions do work if
they are not thrown from a DLL, and the library passes all tests
(including C++ exceptions) if it is built as a static library.

Do you believe that C++ exceptions should be working with Cygwin DLLs?

No, not yet. I don't know a whole lot about this, but I think that we need to have a gcc and libg++ that supports threads; and we don't have that yet. But that is supposedly a high priority. I think. I'm forwarding this message to Robert Collins; he may be able to clariy my confusion.

Robert -- what's the deal with C++ and exceptions under cygwin, again?

--Chuck