RE: C++ exceptions don't work from Cygwin DLLs?

From: Robert Collins
Subject: RE: C++ exceptions don't work from Cygwin DLLs?
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 09:51:01 +1000

Danny, I hope you don't object to being copied in...

Single thread C++ programs should work fine. Exceptions from .dll's
-may- be problematic. Danny knows more about this aspect than I do. He
posted a summary message about gcc 3-something at one point that listed
c++ exceptions and .dll's as an issue.

As for multi-threaded C++ exceptions, they will sporadically fail unless
a custom build gcc and libstdc++ and libgcc are used that has been build
with --with-threads or --with-threads=posix or --with-threads=win32.

Rob.