Re: shared library link problem

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: shared library link problem
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 09:15:43 +1000

On Fri, 17 May 2002 15:24:51 -0700 (PDT)
Liwei Peng <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using libtool 1.4.2 to generate a shared libray.
> I have 2 problems:
>
> 1) I use g++ as my compiler. but "libtool --mode=link
> g++3 ..." ends up to use "gcc" as the linker. what
> should I do if I want to use "g++" as my linker?
>
> 2) my shared libray (let's call it A.so) depends on
> another shared library (let's call it B.so). but
> libtool removed this B.so during the link time. how
> can I fix this if I have to?

Are you using libtool as a stand-alone program or in conjunction
with autoconf and/or automake?

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
"Attacks by icrosoft Chairman Bill Gates on the GNU General Public License,
under which much open source and free software is distributed, have been
driven by a fear that the GPL creates a domain of software that Microsoft
cannot privatize and control" -- Richard Stallman